- The Magazine
- Current Issue
- Events & Shows
- Web Extras
- Yellow Pages
That's right, BOA Steakhouse chef says to break the mold and be adventurous.
Photo: PR (BOA Steakhouse)
The grill doesn’t necessarily have to be reserved for your favorite cuts of meat. BOA Steakhouse’s Regional Chef de Cuisine, Jose Aléman, offers a fun, fresh twist on grilling and shares a tasty recipe for the season.
Tips For Grilled Fruits and Veggies
• Be adventurous this season and grill firm and colorful fruits or veggies—try strawberries, potatoes, corn, or asparagus.
• For juicy fruits and veggies, chef Aléman’s sugestion is to brush them with your favorite basting sauce.
• Listen for a sizzle when grilling fruit and veggies to know when they are done. When they sizzle, the sugar in the fruit is caramelizing, meaning they are ready to be served. For a flavorful taste, add herbs and spices to veggies as they cook on the grill.
• For a unique summer dessert, add a little bit of honey, balsamic vinegar, or chili powder to grilled fruit and serve with vanilla ice cream.
Grilled Tomato Salad
- Four to five tomatoes, grilled
- Jumbo red onions, grilled
- Maytag blue cheese
- Balsamic dressing
- Balsamic syrup
- Coat onions with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Cook on grill until onions are opaque in color.
- Add salt and pepper to tomatoes and cook both sides of tomato on grill for a quick mark.
- Let veggies cool down.
- Coat plate with balsamic syrup and stack veggies: tomato, onion, tomato, onion.
- Finish salad with Maytag bleu cheese and baby yellow freese.
About BOA Steakhouse
Located inside The Forum Shops at Caesars, BOA Steakhouse is open Sunday to Thursday from noon to 10 p.m. and Friday and Saturday from noon to midnight. Reservations are recommended and can be made by calling 702-733-7373. For more information, visit boasteak.com.